How To Make Extra Money Online From Home
Whether you want to dig yourself out of debt, save up for something or simply make more use of your spare time, you can make some extra money online from home. In this post I am going to tell you how to make extra money online from home. I will go through a few options for making some quick cash and some great options that require more work, but will be more lucrative over time.
Making Quick Money
There are a few ways that you can make some quick money online. Don’t think that these are get rich quick schemes, because there is no such thing. These methods will earn you a little bit of cash with very little effort. They are ideal for those that want to make a little money in their spare time but don’t want to commit to something long term.
Businesses need to get feedback from their customer base. This is so they can ensure their marketing efforts and products are appealing to their customer base. One of the ways they get this feed back is through online surveys. They actually pay people to fill in these surveys to get the information they require.
Anyone can sign up to take these surveys. You don’t need any qualifications to sign up to these survey websites. All you need to do is sign up and wait for survey alerts to be emailed to you. Then once you have answered the questions, the survey website will send you money or other rewards. these survey can be about everything from video games to your sex life.
If you dedicate a lot of time to surveys, you can make £200 a year in cash and vouchers. It is possible push it to the max and made £800 a year.
This isn’t too bad for something you can do while watching TV, but don’t expect to make thousands for it.
Top Tips For Filling In Surveys
- Don’t leave your money in the account on the survey website. Claim it as soon as possible. This is because you have no protection if your account is randomly closed.
- Set up a separate email address. This is because you will be inundated with emails and it is easier to see what surveys have been issued to you.
- Don’t expect too many surveys to come to you in the beginning. You have no control over what is sent to you and how often. Therefore, you may be waiting a while for surveys to be delivered.
- You may have a choice to be paid in cash or gift vouchers. If you get paid in vouchers, spend them as soon as possible. This way you won’t risk them going out of date.
- Tell the truth. Sometimes companies cross reference your surveys, so don’t be tempted to entertain yourself by pretending to be someone you are not.
- Keep an eye on your emails. You need to keep logging in regularly to check if you have been sent surveys.
- Keep tabs on what you have done. Some survey websites are not brilliant at recording what they have sent you. Make sure you record what you have done and what you are owed, with the reference number of the surveys. You don’t want to miss out on cash.
- Don’t pay to sign up. Unfortunately surveys are one of the most common ways people get scammed. If you are asked to pay to sign up or to buy a survey kit, stay away from it. You want to earn money, not spend it.
Data entry is another very easy way of earning extra money online from home. You can earn to earn £200 to £1000 per month doing this. The amount of money you can earn depends on the type of work, the amount of time you spend working, your qualifications and how good you are at typing.
There are a few different types of online data entry jobs that you can do:
- Captcha – This is very easy to do. You are sent some software, a username and password. This allows you to type out the letters and numbers on Captcha security images. It is possible to earn $500 per month!
- Copy and paste – This is super simple and is literally a case of copying data from one spreadsheet and pasting it in to another. However, you need to be careful and be able to read and understand the data to do a proper job.
- Basic Typing – The most simplest data entry job is typing data in to spreadsheets and documents. Your computer will need a number pad to allow you to do this efficiently. Just using the number keys on the top row of your keyboard will slow you down too much. You also need to be able to type over 30 words per minute to make it worth while.
- Image to text – You will be sent some images that cont text. Your task will be to type the text in to word or excel documents.
- Medical transcription – You need to have good listening and fast typing skills for medical transcription. This is because you have to type what is being said to you on the phone.
- Formatting – You need very good attention to detail and excellent knowledge of Microsoft word. This is because your task is to accurately put documents in to the required format, such as indentation, aligning etc
- Inventory – As a catalog data entry operator, you create inventory lists with the necessary data, such as product names, serial numbers, stock levels etc
- Medical coding – This is where you have to enter product codes of different type of medicine. You obviously need to be very careful when doing this and it requires medical experience to do.
- Pay roll – Large companies have the need for data entry of their employee’s information for payroll. It is a very similar job to inventory data entry
- Processing emails – This is more a case of reading rather than data entry. Your job will be to read emails to find out what they are about. it is common to process thousands of emails in a day. If you like gossip, this could be tote interesting.
Tips For Data Entry
- If you can’t work fast, you won’t make much money. This makes it a risky proposition for some people to take on.
- Data entry is not a good way for your primary income. It is more of something you can earn a bit of cash on the side with.
- You can find online data entry jobs on websites such as monster.com and indeed.com
- Data entry jobs are another way that people get scammed. This is because they attract people that are desperate for money. These are the most vulnerable people and are looking for ways to get themselves out of financial difficulty.
If you have an eye for grammatical errors (let me know if you find any here), proofreading may be a good way for you to make some money.
Documents, articles or pieces of literature needs to be prepared for publication after they have been written. In many cases the writer, may be an expert in what they are writing about, but may not be 100% accurate with grammar or spelling. Therefore, a proofreader reads what has been written and spots any errors.
If you are more experienced in this type of work, it is possible to do some copy editing. This is a more in-depth field of copywriting, where you suggest larger changes to the content, it terms of how it reads.
Proofreading is a good option if you want to earn a bit of extra money. As long as you meet your client’s deadlines, you can do it at any time of the day.
Tips For Proofreading
- You can find proofreading jobs online quite easily trough websites such as Fiverr.com
- If you don’t have the eyes of a hawk and excellent grammar skills, you won’t do very well at being a proofreader.
- Patience is an essential skill for a proofreader.
- You will need to know your way around word processors such as Microsoft Word.
Starting A Sustainable Online Business
The above ways are all ok if you just want to make a little bit of money. But what if you want to start something that can be a legitimate side business? With dedication a side business can turn in to a full time job that will give you the lifestyle that you want.
It may be quite daunting at first when thinking about starting your own online business. But, everyone has to start somewhere. One of the great things about some online businesses, is that they can relatively low risk. This is because they are much cheaper to start than traditional bricks and mortar businesses. You also have a worldwide audience that can spend money through your website at anytime and from anywhere.
I am now going to go in to a few different low risk online businesses you can start to make extra money from home.
There are a few different ways you can make money from blog writing. The first is writing blogs for different companies. Blogs are essential for businesses to inform their customers. Blogs are a great way to attract traffic to a businesses website. This is done by writing about things relevant to the business that people are searching for online. By answering people’s questions, businesses become authorities in their field.
Many businesses pay people to write their blogs for them. This is one of the things I do to earn money from home. This is because they don’t have the time to do it themselves, so why not get someone else to do it?
If you are going to write blogs for people, I recommend that you specialise in a certain field or geographical area. This will give you more clout as an authority figure in that area.
Another way of making money blog writing, is to start your own blog and monetise it. You may have a hobby or special interest that you know about or want to get to know more about. By creating lots of content on a particular subject, you will get a following and you will can make money from it. Check out my post how can I make money from a blog for more details.
Tips For Blog Writing
- Check out local business’s websites to see if they have a blog page. Make a list of these companies to approach.
- Approach these companies and offer your blog writing services. If you have no experience, offer to write a couple for free to build up proof of what you can do.
- If you want to start your own blog, make sure you choose a niche that you truly have a passion for.
- Learn about all the ways you can monetise your blog to maximise profit.
Drop shipping is a brilliant business model. People buy products through your online store, but you don’t have to actually buy stock or ship it to the customer.
There are three parties involved in the drop shipping process:
- The customer
- The online store (you)
- The supplier
The customer places their order and pays the price that you have set on your website. You place the order with the supplier and the supplier sends the product to the customer.
You only pay for the product once somebody has bought it through your website. You make money by adding your markup to the supplier’s price.
This is a low risk business model, as you don’t have to buy and store the products in advance. It also means you don’t have the hassle of shipping the products yourself.
Although the actual drop shipping process is low risk, there are a few factors to consider. The way you get traffic to your website, is through paid adverts on social media and Google. This is a bit of a trial and error process, meaning you will lose money to start with. However, this is when you gather your data to better target your audience.
You can make a serious amount of money with drop shipping if you are persistent, pick the right drop shipping niche and products.
Tips For Drop Shipping
- Choose your drop shipping niche wisely. My guide on choosing a drop shipping niche will set you off to a good start.
- Choose your products wisely. They need to trigger impulse buying and stand out from the crowd. My guide on choosing drop shipping products will help.
- Start with a small advertising budget to reduce risk. Once it starts to work, you can scale up quite quickly.
If drop shipping doesn’t float your boat, you might want to look in to affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing is the process of promoting other peoples products or services in return for a commission.
There are a few different ways affiliate marketing is done. The best way is to create content that people will want to read. Ideally, you should create content that solves people’s problems. This content can come in the form of:
- Product reviews
- Buyer’s guides
- Blog posts
- Personal experiences with products and services
By creating content that people are searching for online, you attract traffic to your website without spending a penny on advertising. You just need to make sure that your content is relevant to people’s searches and is written in a way that appeals to both your website visitors and search engines.
For more information on how all this works, see my post How can I make money from affiliate marketing.
From my own personal experience, affiliate marketing is the best online business to start. It is very low risk and is something you can do in your spare time. It also has a huge earning potential and could turn in to you main source of income if you do it properly.
Tips For Affiliate Marketing
- Choosing a good affiliate marketing niche is essential to your success. It needs to be popular enough to earn you money, not have too much competition and it has to be something you enjoy.
- You need to be patient, as it takes months before you even make a penny. But, if you persist and do it properly, it will pay off immensely.
- Learn about SEO techniques to ensure that your content gets in front of your intended audience.
- Be consistent in producing quality content. This will tell your audience and search engines that you mean business and are a reliable source of information.
- Get educated. There are a few ways to learn about affiliate marketing, but check out my guide to affiliate marketing training beginners will love.
My Choice Of How To Make Extra Money Online From Home
Although I dabble in all of these methods of making money, I recommend affiliate marketing as the best one. By following the correct process, you will succeed. It is a slow burner, so you shouldn’t give up your job and expect to make millions overnight. There is no such thing as a get rich quick scheme, so don’t believe the people that say that thy have the answer. Check out Wealthy Affiliate for a realistic picture of what affiliate marketing is all about. This is a great platform with a Free Membership that gives you everything to start your affiliate marketing business for free.
If you have any questions or thoughts about any of these ways of making extra money online from home, please leave them in the comments section below.