What Is The Easiest Way To Make Money Online?
The internet has opened up a lot of opportunities to earn money from anywhere in the world. This flexibility is what I love about it, but I can pretty much choose my working hours too. But what is the easiest way to make money online? In this post, I will go through the easy ways, but I will also tell you about some proven business models that will be a more valuable use of your time.
Ways To Make Money Online With Little Effort
There are some methods of making money online that require very little skill. However, don’t expect to get rich from doing them, as they are low paying and should only be used to make some pocket money or to get a little extra income if you are saving for something.
Filling online surveys is one of the easiest ways to make money online. All you need to do is sign up and start filling them in.
Surveys are used by companies to get opinions from the public. Survey results allow these companies to tweak their products or marketing material before releasing them. This feedback is valuable to companies, so they pay people to fill them in.
You can get paid anything from less than $1 to over $20, but it is more common to make between $1 and $5.
A good sign that a survey company isn’t legitimate is that they will require you to pay them upfront. No matter how legitimate they come across as you need to remember that you are filling in surveys to make money not to spend it.
Companies that want your money are likely to be scam artists.
With data entry, it is possible to earn $200 to $1000 per month. However, the amount of money you can make depends on the type of data entry jobs you get, how long you spend doing it, your qualifications, and your typing skills.
There are a few different types of online data entry jobs available:
- Captcha – This is something anyone can do. You are given some software and a username and password to type out the letters and numbers on Captcha security images. It is possible to earn $500 per month!
- Copy and paste – This is literally a case of copying data from one spreadsheet to another. However, you need to be careful and be able to read and understand the data to do a proper job.
- Basic Typing – The most basic data entry job is typing data into spreadsheets and documents. You will need a number pad to do this efficiently, as just using the number keys on the top row of your keyboard will slow you down. You also need to be able to type over 30 words per minute to make it worthwhile.
- Image to text – You will get several images containing text. Your job will be to type the text into word or excel documents.
- Medical transcription – You need to have good listening and fast typing skills for medical transcription. This is because you have to type what is being said to you on the phone.
- Formatting – You need excellent attention to detail and excellent knowledge of Microsoft word. This is because your task is to accurately put documents into the required format, such as indentation, aligning, etc.
- Inventory – As a catalog data entry operator, you create inventory lists with the necessary data, such as product names, serial numbers, stock levels, etc
- Medical coding – This is where you have to enter product codes of different types of medicine. You obviously need to be very careful when doing this, and it requires medical experience to do.
- Payroll – Large companies require data entry of their employee’s information for payroll. It is a very similar job to inventory data entry.
- Processing emails – This is more a case of reading rather than data entry. Your job will be to read emails to find out what they are about. it is common to process thousands of emails in a day. If you like gossip, this could be tote interesting.
The higher-paid data entry jobs are difficult to get, as the people that have been doing it a while manage to get them before newbies. But, the lower-paid ones are something you can do while watching TV if you are not in a rush.
Ways To Make Money Online As A Sustainable Business
You will need to put in lots of time to make a decent amount of money from data entry and filling out surveys. These jobs serve a purpose, but personally, I think that your time could be used better on generating a sustainable second income. Here are some proven ways that I use to make money online. These are not easy, but nothing worth doing is!
Affiliate marketing is what I spend most of my time on. This is a business model that allows you to make money by promoting other people’s products and services. Affiliate marketing is used by many different types of websites either as their primary source of income or as an additional way of monetisation. Whenever you see a review or a product endorsement, there is a good chance that that website has an affiliation with it.
The key to successful affiliate marketing is to create quality content. Quality content will attract people to your website and build trust. Examples of content used by affiliate marketers are:
- Buyers guides
- Personal experiences
As an example of how you make money, let’s imagine that you have written a review on an electric bike and you recommend it. You will have joined an affiliate program for an online shop that sells the bike. The affiliate program will allow you to generate an affiliate link that you drop into your review.
When someone clicks on your affiliate link, they will be seamlessly taken to the online shop. The link allows the affiliate program to track sales of the bike and will pay you for your efforts. How much money you make depends on your niche, the product, the affiliate program and how hard you work. But it is possible to earn between 1 and 75% of the sales price.
Affiliate marketing is my favourite online business model and has huge earning potential while giving me lots of flexibility. If you want to learn more, check out my post how can I make money from affiliate marketing?
I spend a lot of time writing for my various affiliate marketing websites. This has allowed me to learn writing and SEO skills that I can use as a freelance writer.
I write blogs for local businesses to help them attract traffic to their websites. But, I have also created a Fiverr account. Fiverr is a website where freelancers can get lots of work from all over the world. One of the things I like about the jobs I get through Fiverr is the variety of subjects I get to write about. Recently I have written blogs for people on road cycling brands, mountain biking, food miles, self-marketing, water sports and condoms!
But, you don’t need to be a writer to find work on Fiverr. You can offer all sorts of skills from web design, graphic design, app design, animation, voice-over, teaching and much more.
The advantage of being a freelancer is that you can use the skills you already have, or decide which skills you want to learn to earn money from. You can also choose your working hours and take on as much or as little work as you want.
Social Media Marketing
As an extra form of income, I manage the social media accounts of a few local businesses. But, if you have a knack for it you can make social media management the main part of your online business.
managing people’s social media is pretty easy to get into. You can use platforms such as Fiverr to advertise yourself, or you can approach businesses yourself. I recommend finding businesses you would like to work with and monitoring their social media efforts. If it looks like they are struggling, or that you think you could do a better job, come up with a possible strategy and approach them with it. Your biggest selling points are that you will provide quality content while saving them time. For more information on this check out my post how to start a social media marketing business.
Drop shipping is a business model where you sell other peoples products. You do this via your own online store, but you don’t have to buy the products in advance and store them. When someone buys something from your store, you place the order with your supplier. Then your supplier sends it to your customer.
The process of drop shipping makes it a very low-risk business model but can earn you a serious amount of money. You make money by listing your products with a large markup over your supplier’s price.
The tricky part is attracting customers, and you do this by using targeted social media adverts. The cost of your adverts needs to be covered by the price of your product. For more information, check out my post on how to start a dropshipping business.
What Is The Easiest Way To Make Money Online? - Answered....kind of
If you think that earning loads of money online is fast and easy, you are wrong. Making money online is a marathon, not a sprint. You will be working to earn money for your future, not for right now. That is unless you want to fill in some surveys. If you want to create a future that gives you financial freedom, I recommend that you look into the business models above and work your bum off for a few years.